COVID-19 NoticeGuidelines on Quarantine Exemption
•All travelers to Korea must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 48 hours of their departure.
• The test results must be issued in English or Korean. If issued in other languages, they must be translated into English or Korean and notarized by the Korean Embassy or local authorized translator/lawyer. Also, test results must include the following information:
(1) your name
(2) your date of birth(or passport no.)
(3) the type of the test
(4) the date and result of the test
(5) the date of test result issuance
(6) the name of the institution/hospital
(7) the signature or stamp of the institution/hospital
※ If foreign nationals fail to submit their test results, they will be denied entry into Korea.
•There is a mandatory 7-day quarantine upon entry for most travelers who are unvaccinated or who do not register their vaccination status prior to entering Korea.
•Starting from April 1, 2022, vaccinated travelers who have completed vaccination overseas AND register their vaccination history through the Quarantine COVID19 Defence (Q-Code) system BEFORE traveling to Korea will be eligible for quarantine exemption. Overseas visitors must enter their vaccine records to Q-CODE prior to arriving in Korea and scan the provided QR code upon immigration.
• Q-CODE will require following personal information :
Valid passport information
Valid flight booking details (departure country, airline, etc)
Valid accommodation details (address in Korea, phone number, etc)
COVID-19 vaccination certificate
Negative result of a PCR test taken 2 days before departing for Korea
※ Vaccination certificate should prove 2nd dose (or 1st for Janssen) of a WHO-approved vaccine 14 to 180 days prior to their arrival in Korea OR the record of booster shot (3rd dose)
※ If foreign nationals fail to present QR code which wil appear once registering their vaccination history to Q-CODE system, they must quarantine for 7 days when arriving into Korea.
• However, Q-Code quarantine exemption policy does not apply to vaccinated visitors from Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, and Myanmar, and must quarantine for seven days.
• Some exceptions to the above policies may apply. Please note that these requirements may change on short notice, in which case we will inform you of the relevant details on this page.